The prominent Acharyas of the Digambar tradition were:
- Acharya Kundakunda: author of Samayasar, etc.
- Acharya Virasena: author of Dhavala
- Acharya Aryanandi (monk).
In around 10th century Digambar tradition was divided into two main orders.
- Mula Sangh: includes Sena gana, Deshiya gana, Balatkara gana etc.
- Kashtha Sangh: includes Mathur gana, Lat-vagad gana, etc.
Acharya Shantisagar, the first Acharya of the 20th century, belonged to the tradition of Sena gana. Practically all the Digambara monks today, belong to the tradition of Acharya Shantisagar directly or indirectly.
The Bhattarakas of Shravanabelagola and Mudbidri belong to Deshiya gana and Bhatttara of Humbaj belongs to Balatkara gana.
Among the prominent Digambara Acharyas today are Acharya Sanmatisagar, Acharya Suvidhisagar, Acharya Vidyasagar, Acharya Vidyanand and Acharya Pushpadant.